Indulge in a dreamy breakfast with our Magical Maple Stuffed French Toast, starring our Save The Forest® Magical Maple granola. Thick slices of French toast are filled with a luscious maple cream cheese mixture and topped with a crispy layer of Magical Maple granola for a delightful contrast in textures and flavors.
- 8 thick slices of brioche or challah bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup Save The Forest® Magical Maple granola
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Fresh fruit, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and maple syrup, mixing until smooth. Gently fold in the Save The Forest® Magical Maple granola, being careful not to crush the granola too much.
- Lay out the bread slices and evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on one side of each slice. Sandwich the slices together to create 4 stuffed French toast portions.
- In a large, shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet.
- Working with one stuffed French toast portion at a time, dip both sides into the egg mixture, allowing the bread to soak for a few seconds.
- Place the soaked French toast in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with the remaining stuffed French toast portions, adding more butter as needed. Transfer the cooked French toast to a serving platter and dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm with additional maple syrup and fresh fruit on the side.